Important Information About JEE Mains 2018
JEE Main 2018 – CBSE has released the information brochure for JEE Main 2018. The pen and paper based exam will be conducted on April 8, 2018 and computer based test on April 15 and April 16, 2018. The application form for JEE Main 2018 will be available from December 1 to January 1, 2018. The last date to pay the application fee is January 2, 2018. JEE Main is the national level entrance exam conducted for admissions to undergraduate engineering programmes into NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs. JEE Main is also the qualifying test for JEE Advanced which offers admission to IITs. Candidates will be allowed a total of three attempts for JEE Main. To apply for JEE Main 2018, candidates must have completed or are appearing for Class 12 exam. From the academic year 2017-18, having an Aadhaar Card number is mandatory for filling the application form. Every year, over 12 lakh candidates appear in this national level engineering entrance test. The admit card will be available for download from the second week of March tentatively. Candidates who have appeared for the examination can check JEE Main 2018 result on April 30. To know complete details about various events of JEE Main 2018 like eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, result, answer key, counselling and seat allotment, etc. go through the article below.
Latest – JEE Main 2018 Application click here.
For JEE Main 2018 official site click here.
For free online test series for JEE Mains and Bitsat click here
JEE Main 2018 Overview
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Category of the Exam||Nation Level Undergraduate (UG) Exam|
|Examination Mode||Online and Offline|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Number of Applicants||Over 12 lakh|
|Purpose of the Exam||Qualifying test for admissions into IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTI|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total Number of Questions in Paper||90 Questions (30 Questions each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct response/answerFor each incorrect response, -1 (Negative marking)|
What’s New in JEE Main 2018?
- JEE Main was conducted in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Urdu languages last year, however, JEE Main 2018 will be held in English, Hindi and Gujarati languages only.
- Number of candidates filtered for appearing in JEE Advanced from JEE Main has been increased to 2,24,000 from 2,20,000.
- Digital/scanned copy of signature of Father/Mother/Guardian of the candidates has to be uploaded in the application form.
- The number of JEE Main 2018 exam centre cities has gone up to 258 from 113 last year, including 10 outside India.
- Number of CFTIs participating in JEE Main 2018 has increased from 20 to 23.
For free ebook click here.
JEE Main 2018 Important Dates
CBSE announces the JEE Main 2018 exam dates. Candidates can check all the important dates of JEE main 2018 in order to be completely aware of the schedule and all the events.
JEE Main Important Dates
|Start of Online Registration||December 1, 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||January 1, 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Application Fees through credit card/debit card or e-challan||January 2, 2018|
|Admit Card availability||Second week of March 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Offline Exam Paper I (Pen and paper based)||April 8, 2018 (9.30 am to 12.30 noon)|
|JEE Main 2018 Paper II (Offline)||April 8, 2018 (2 pm to 5 pm)|
|JEE Main 2018 Online Exam (Computer based), Paper I||April 15 and 16, 2018 (9.30 am to 12.30 noon)(2 pm to 5 pm)|
|Display of Answer Key and OMR Sheets||April 24-27, 2018|
|Acceptance of Challenge of Answer Keys||Upto April 27, 2018 (11:59 PM)|
|JEE Main 2018 Result||April 30, 2018|
|Declaration of All India Ranks||April 30, 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Result for Paper 2||May 31, 2018|
|Availability of Rank Card||After announcement of AIR of JEE Main 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to take JEE Main 2018 have to meet the eligibility criteria set by CBSE. JEE Main 2018 eligibility criteria include eligibility conditions related to age, qualifying exam, qualifying marks, number of subjects in the qualifying examination and number of attempts, etc. Before applying for the entrance exam, aspirants must go through the following eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2018.
- Age Limit: The aspirants must be born on or after October 1, 1993 (or be 25 years old) to meet the eligibility criteria. In case of SC/ST/PwD candidates, the age criteria has been relaxed by 5 years. This means that candidates from these categories must be born on or after October 1, 1988 (or be 30 years of age).
- Academic Requirements: Candidates must have qualified class 12th (or equivalent) examination in 2016 or 2017. Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam or class 12th or equivalent test in the year 2018 can also apply.
- Qualifying Marks: General Category candidates need to have secured minimum 75% marks or should be in the top 20 percentile in their class 12th board or equivalent examination. Qualifying marks requirement for candidates belonging to SC/ST category is 65%.
- Number of Subjects in Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have taken at least 5 subjects in 12th class or equivalent exam.
- Aadhaar Card Number: All candidates should posses Aadhaar Card and a registered Aadhaar Card Number.
- Number of Attempts: Aspirants can apply for JEE Main a total of 3 times.
JEE Main Application Form 2018
CBSE will release the application form of JEE Main 2018 on December 1, 2017 in online mode. The last date for submitting the application form is January 1, 2018. The last date to pay the application fee is January 2, 2018. Before filling the JEE Main 2018 application form, the candidates must keep ready with them their scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression which they have to upload while filling in the online application form. Apart from filling the personal and academic details, the candidates have to pay the application fee for JEE Main 2018 in offline and online mode.
Size/format of Photograph and Signature
|Image||File size||Dimensions||File Format|
|Photograph||4 KB to 40 KB||3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (Height)||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature||1 KB to 30 KB||3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (Height)||JPEG/JPG|
JEE Main 2018 Application Procedure
The application procedure of JEE Main 2018 includes the following stages:
- JEE Main Online Registration: Candidates have to register themselves online and generate a password, which will be used for future reference.
- Filling personal/educational details: Enter your details related to the qualifying examination, personal, communication, etc.
- Uploading of Images: Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size dimensions. Candidates also need to upload the signature of mother/father/guardian in the specified size and format.
- Application Fee Payment: Pay the application fee this stage via online mode through Debit/Credit Card/Paytm or through e-challan which is offline mode. Submit the application form and generate Acknowledgement Page with Application Number.
- Print out of Application Form: Download the acknowledgement page for future use and take printout of the submitted application form.
JEE Main Application Fee
|Paper (s) Appearing||Pen and Paper Based Exam||Computer Based Examination (Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) only)|
|For Exam Centres in India|
|JEE Main Paper I (B.E./B.Tech) or JEE Main Paper II (B. Arch/B.Planning) only||Rs. 1000 (Boys)Rs. 500 (Girls)||Rs. 500 (Boys)Rs. 500 (Girls)||Rs. 500 (Boys)Rs. 250 (Girls)||Rs. 250 (Boys)Rs. 250 (Girls)|
|Both JEE Main Paper I (B.E./B.Tech) and JEE Main Paper II (B. Arch/B.Planning)||Rs. 1800 (Boys)Rs. 900 (Girls)||Rs. 900 (Boys)Rs. 900 (Boys)||Rs. 1300 (Boys)Rs. 650 (Girls)||Rs. 650 (Boys)Rs. 650 (Girls)|
|For Exam Centres in Foreign Country|
|JEE Main Paper I (B.E./B.Tech) or JEE Main Paper II (B. Arch/B.Planning) only||Rs. 2500 (Boys)Rs. 1250 (Girls)||Rs. 1250 (Boys)Rs. 1250 (Girls)||Rs. 2500 (Boys)Rs. 1250 (Girls)||Rs. 1250 (Boys)Rs. 1250 (Girls)|
|Both JEE Main Paper I (B.E./B.Tech) and JEE Main Paper II (B. Arch/B.Planning)||Rs. 3800 (Boys)Rs. 1900 (Girls)||Rs. 1900 (Boys)Rs. 1900 (Girls)||Rs. 3800 (Boys)Rs. 1900 (Girls)||Rs. 1900 (Boys)Rs. 1900|